We care about energy,
human health and environment.
Our interests are biological
green and clean energy alternatives, biological catalysts and microbial analysis tools.
Compare to other clean energy alternatives, such as wind, tidal, hydraulic power and solar, the biological geen energy is not limited by weather, time of the day, season
or geographical locations. And since they are ubiquitous and self-regenarating, they are cheap, renewable and easy to
access. They can also be compatible with human and other biological systems, therefore safe to use.
What we do:
Bioechem is a small business company established in 2014. The major focuses of the company
R & D are:
green batteries. We apply cheap biological components in battery to remove those caustic, toxic and expensive chemicals, turning batteries into organic and green energy storage units.
2, Biological catalysts/electrodes, which may
be used in energy production or storage as well as byproduct generations, such as electric catalysts and medi-care compounds.
3, 3D microbial community analysis tool, Spatial Analytical Microbial Imaging (SAMI), is
for critical microbial analysis, especially clinical applications.
feedsource yield enhancement. We developed method to enhance the yield of biodesel microorganism efficiently.
5, Biological air or water cleaning technology. Use specific microorganisms to air and water cleaning.
6,Our other interests include
Microbial Fuel Cell and Biological fuel cell.
Our research projects:
- Novel microorganisms for biological green batteries, electrochemical catalysts and electrodes, which is
low cost, less health concerns and environmental friendly energy alternative. Can be applied for sensor, mobile devices or
- Microbial imaging analysis tool, Spatial Analytical Microbial imaging (SAMI),
to diagnosis spatiotemporal identity and vitality of the cells in a pure or multi (two) species biomass or biofilm community.
This technology may be applied to board fields including clinical, agrucultural, environmental etc.
1, Biological green batteries.
- We discovered an important compounds that impact the voltage output. By optimizing it, we
are able to approach 1.0V for the size of 1cm^2 coin battery (20% improvement compare to the initially output voltage of 0.8V).
(Jan. 24, 2017)
- Based on microscale study, we found out
the better material configuration for the reaction mechanisms. After optimization, we improve the voltage to 1.18V. (18% improvement). (Feb. 10, 2017)
- Ferther improved the structure and configuration. After
optimization, we increased voltage to 1.213V. (3.3% improvement). (Feb.13,
- Test prove the new design of adding one other component to the cell, showing further improvement of power and stability. (Feb.21, 2017)
- Identify multiple ion and molecular
transfer mechanisms in the systme. (Feb.23,
- Identify potential critical mechanisms resulted in the
functional reactions and determined two methods to prove it and approach 20% more power output potentially. (Mar.07, 2017)
- Test and prove the critical mechanisms by using one
of the two methods and proached another 20% improvement of the maximum voltage output to 1.446V. This value is in the same
range of marketing hearing aid battery. (Mar.12, 2017)
- In durability test,
alter the mechanism and improve the maximum voltage output 9% to 1.578V. (April 06, 2017)
- Further improve and approach 1.5 times longer duration. (April 19, 2017)
- Further improve and approach maximum voltage output of 1.65V. Durability test on 0.8V, 3 days on 2000ohm external
resistance. ( May 12, 2017)
Global catalyst material broadcast:
Nickel market beware: Batteries can
no longer be ignored
Support our work:
Supporting our work and further involve in our renewable energy projects by:
- Project collabration
- Project investment
186 Hampshire str,
Cambridge MA, 02139, USA